Golf Lessons For The Flat Stick
In this section of the site, we’ll focus on what I truly believe is the most important club in the bag… the putter.
The putting tips and lessons below cover good putting fundamentals such as alignment and stance, the putting stroke, the putting grip, reading greens and distance control.
I’ve also included some putting drills and games so that you can make the most of your time when you practice putting.
How Many Putts Do You Take?
I don’t think most golfers appreciate just how many shots they are throwing away with their putter. If you want to better your scores on the golf course and lower your handicap as quickly as possible – improve your putting.
The short video introduction below will help you appreciate just how many putts you’re wasting…
Get your mental game in shape – My friend and consultant to the PGA of Great Britain and Europe, Karl Morris, Europe’s leading golf mind coach reveals how to Learn The Secrets Of Peak Performance Golf
- Count the number of putts you take per round over an average of 3 rounds.
- If you’re taking more than 36 putts per round, you’re wasting shots on the golf course.
- If, like many higher handicappers, you’re taking 40+ putts per round, it’s like taking half a dozen air shots on the first tee. You wouldn’t do that too often before doing something about it!
- There’s no reason why any level of golfer can’t become a very good putter with proper instruction and a bit of practice.
- Unlike the physically demanding full swing, putting is a skill that can be mastered regardless of age and physical strength.
Golf Putting Tips
Here’s how to line your putts up correctly so you can hole out more often…
Golf Putting Drills
This is a great drill not only for improving your putting but also to compare yourself with better players (hint: top professionals would expect to score around 20)…
If you can sink every putt from 3-4 feet and in, you’ll really start to see your scores on the golf course drop. Here’s a drill that will help you with that…